Pastor LeRoy (Lee) Yarger • 218-766-7405 • Email Pastor Yarger
Since the retirement of our pastor early 2018, we have been working with our ELCA NE MN Synod staff to prayerfully find a replacement. We feel so blessed to have Pastor Lee Yarger as our bridge pastor through the end of the year (and hopefully beyond!). What a gift he has for sharing God’s Word and His love for His people. Come and see! Come and hear! Come and worship! God is so good.
His resume follows:
I was born February 25, 1942 in Starbuck, MN. I married Janice (Jan) McDowell in 1964. Jan is a retired RN who has worked for 35 years in Home Health, Hospice and Oncology. She taught Parish Nursing at Trinity Hospital in Minot ND. We had two sons: Jon Yarger, who is an ordained Pastor in Aitkin MN. He has two daughters, Jessica (age 22), and Emma (age 17.) Our son, Chris Yarger, was a teacher of German and Industrial Tech. Chris was killed in a snowmobile accident on March 19, 2017.
- High School Graduation, Faribault MN
- College Graduation, St. Olaf College, Northfield MN, Majors in German and Psychology
- Graduated from Luther Seminary, St. Paul
- Post-graduate work with Professor Paul Sonnack, Luther Seminary
- Pastor, Calvary Lutheran Church, Orr MN and Pastoral Program Director at Camp Vermilion, Cook MN
- Associate Pastor, Atonement Lutheran Church, Overland Park, KS
- Senior Pastor, Calvary Lutheran Church, Grand Forks ND
- Senior Pastor, First Lutheran Church, Minot ND
- Retired in 2005 to Kabekona Lake, Laporte MN.
- Moved to Plymouth MN in February 2018. Church membership at Peace Lutheran, Plymouth
- I have served Interim Positions at
- Our Savior’s Lutheran at Valley City, ND
- Associate to the Bishop in Eastern ND, twice
- Messiah Lutheran, Fargo ND
- Trinity Lutheran in Crookston MN
- First Lutheran in Bemidji MN
- Trinity Lutheran in Moorhead MN
- First Lutheran in Detroit Lakes MN
- First Lutheran in Baudette MN
- Faith Lutheran in Bagley MN
- I maintain an active interest in Theology, especially Martin Luther and Two Kingdom Theory.
- I have created, with Jan, power point presentations on The Life of Christ, The Psalms, and Christianity and Art.
- I have enjoyed book collecting, bookend collecting, poetry, The North Country Trail, The BWCA, genealogy, Concordia College (where I was on the Board of Regents for 10 years), and the Bush Foundation (where I received a Bush Fellowship in 1984.)
- I have loved being alternately retired (for 10 times) and being a Pastor.
- I have loved being married to Jan for 54 years.
Janis Allen • 218-543-4878 • email@example.com
Hi, I’m Janis. I am the Parish Secretary for Faith Lutheran Church, Swanburg and have been doing this job since November of 1978. We publish a newsletter once a month and welcome short, appropriate articles. I am also the organist and have been playing since December of 1963. Music has always been an important part of this congregation and our current choir is lots of fun.
Julie Moser Bergman • 218-543-4740 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, I’m Julie Moser Bergman and director of Faith’s choir. I’m happy to have found a way to combine my love of music with the opportunity to enhance our worship services.