Pastor LeRoy (Lee) Yarger • 218-766-7405 • Email Pastor Yarger
We feel so blessed to have Pastor Lee Yarger serving as Pastor at Faith Lutheran Church. What a gift he has for sharing God’s Word and His love for His people. Come and see! Come and hear! Come and worship! God is so good.
His resume follows:
I was born February 25, 1942 in Starbuck, MN. I married Janice (Jan) McDowell in 1964. Jan is a retired RN who has worked for 35 years in Home Health, Hospice and Oncology. She taught Parish Nursing at Trinity Hospital in Minot ND. We had two sons: Jon Yarger, who is an ordained Pastor in Aitkin MN. He has two daughters, Jessica (age 22), and Emma (age 17.) Our son, Chris Yarger, was a teacher of German and Industrial Tech. Chris was killed in a snowmobile accident on March 19, 2017.
- High School Graduation, Faribault MN
- College Graduation, St. Olaf College, Northfield MN, Majors in German and Psychology
- Graduated from Luther Seminary, St. Paul
- Post-graduate work with Professor Paul Sonnack, Luther Seminary
- Pastor, Calvary Lutheran Church, Orr MN and Pastoral Program Director at Camp Vermilion, Cook MN
- Associate Pastor, Atonement Lutheran Church, Overland Park, KS
- Senior Pastor, Calvary Lutheran Church, Grand Forks ND
- Senior Pastor, First Lutheran Church, Minot ND
- Retired in 2005 to Kabekona Lake, Laporte MN.
- Moved to Plymouth MN in February 2018. Church membership at Peace Lutheran, Plymouth
- I have served Interim Positions at
- Our Savior’s Lutheran at Valley City, ND
- Associate to the Bishop in Eastern ND, twice
- Messiah Lutheran, Fargo ND
- Trinity Lutheran in Crookston MN
- First Lutheran in Bemidji MN
- Trinity Lutheran in Moorhead MN
- First Lutheran in Detroit Lakes MN
- First Lutheran in Baudette MN
- Faith Lutheran in Bagley MN
- I maintain an active interest in Theology, especially Martin Luther and Two Kingdom Theory.
- I have created, with Jan, power point presentations on The Life of Christ, The Psalms, and Christianity and Art.
- I have enjoyed book collecting, bookend collecting, poetry, The North Country Trail, The BWCA, genealogy, Concordia College (where I was on the Board of Regents for 10 years), and the Bush Foundation (where I received a Bush Fellowship in 1984.)
- I have loved being alternately retired (for 10 times) and being a Pastor.
- I have loved being married to Jan for 54 years.
Choir Director Julie Moser Bergman • 218-543-4740 • email@example.com
Hi, I’m Julie Moser Bergman and director of Faith’s choir. I’m happy to have found a way to combine my love of music with the opportunity to enhance our worship services.